Monday, 28 June 2010

Life after maternity leave

So being back at work has changed life dramatically - there are no more sneaky afternoon naps with Olivia, no more picnics or walks with other mums and babies and no more wasting time watching my daughter as she discovers new skills. Not during the week anyway, the weekends however are different swimming on Saturdays means we meet up with some other mummy friends who have also returned to work so we can compare stories! It also means we can play in bed together rather than me getting up and getting ready for work hoping she doesn't wake until I am ready to feed her and give her morning cuddles.

In the three weks I have been back Olivia has changed so much she is such a smiley girl who has just learnt to clap - if you say clap she waves her arms up and down and then claps! She is also saying "dadada" repeatedly and we are getting so many more smiles and giggles at random things. We used to have to work very hard for these.

Work is manic and I never reallt know what I am doing from one day to the next but the days go so quickly and soon it will be the summer holidays. back to afternoon naps, eeting friends and generally having lots of fun with Olivia.

No comments:

Post a Comment