I have just completed my first week back after maternity leave - Olivia is now 7 months old. As my previous post I had a mixture of emotions but I survived. I'm tired but it feels like I have never been away.
I arrived at school on the first day not knowing what I would be doing turns out no one else knew what I was doing as nobody had heard if the teacher that had been off sick was returning or not! However as she wasn't in and is usually one of the first in we assumed she was still off sick - so I enter the year 4 classroom - I have taught this class for the past 2 years so I know what I'm in for - no planning. First day back and I have to teach off the cuff and then go home and plan the rest of the week.
End of the school day then have staff meeting it appears lots of decisions have been made whilst I have been off and the good news is I have been offered the job out of class running the reading recovery program and covering some PPA teaching science (my specialism. This is what I wanted and I'm really pleased that I can develop my career in this way.
This week has been tough - long hours, bad behaviour and catching up but it has been worth it to see how excited Olivia is when I walk through the door at night. She has been very well behaved for her daddy and is taking her formula milk like a pro and has even managed to only wake once at night the past 2 nights!
Daddy is tired and has admitted he didn't realise how tiring it would be looking after a 7 month old. He is however loving spending time with his daughter without me interfering.
Now a lovely weekend to spend as much time as I an with my beautiful girl before the whirlwind starts again next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to hear it has gone well :D xx
ReplyDelete