Saturday, 1 May 2010

Quiet weekend


Well the weekend started with a whirlwind of activity. First a trip to pick up my Husbands new car (Toyota iq) so that when I return to work I can take Olivia to nursery and get to work on time without having to worry about getting Mr T to work as well. We then had to take Olivia for her swimming lesson.

She has had 4/5 lessons now and each week you can see her confidence growing. Today the babies were starting to learn the skill of holding on to the side. This should mean that they have the vital skill of finding an edge to hold on to should they ever fall into the water. This is Daddy's time with Olivia so I get the job of changing her before and after the lesson. next week I get the chance to take her in for her lesson as Mr T is at work.

We are now back home and Olivia is sleeping soundly in her pushchair (Olivia refuses to sleep in her cot during the day without a fight), Mr T is on the late shift so won't be home until after 10 tonight. So I am enjoying the peace and quiet drinking tea and eating rich tea biscuits!

Tomorrow Daddy is at work all day and won't be back again until after 10, so the plan is to go to church and hope Olivia behaves through the service (she has just stopped sleeping through the services) and then we have the afternoon to do what we like. If the weather is nice we may go to the park but forecast is saying rain. So not sure what we will do I'm up for any suggestions.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend x

1 comment:

  1. Oooo swimming looks fun! Its great she gets that time with her Daddy!

    My LO never slept in his cot during the day, was always the buggy, and it makes life far easier if your out! :D

    ReplyDelete