Saturday, 1 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Another year has started - what will it bring? The old year has gone but the memories are still there - My little girl has changed from a newborn into a toddler she started 2010 as an 8 week old and ended it almost 14 months old.  In the past 12 months she has learnt to roll, crawl, walk. She will eat almost anything although appears to dislike rice so much that they don't even try to give it to her at nursery!

Olivia is much more interactive with a cheeky sense of humour and loves to laugh at Mummy and Daddy being silly (the things we do to make our children laugh!)  She has seen lots of snow although she wasn't impressed and spent many hours without her Mummy while I have continued to work full time.

I have liked being back at work although it isn't great - the Reading Recovery is great and I really enjoy it but the afternoons covering other teachers and teaching whole classes I find tough - the children treat me as a supply teacher so behaviour is appalling and I have questioned my ability many a time already since September.  I would love to just teach in the mornings doing 1-1 reading recovery  but we can't afford it, so I will just have to get on with it.

Anyway back to the new year:

I have joined a group that encourages taking a photo every day/week or whenever in the hope that I can improve my photography skills.
I am going to complete my training as a Reading Recovery teacher and possibly look for a new job that will suit me better.
I would like to get fit - this involves me finding motivation
I would also like to write some interesting blog posts and a bit more often - maybe I should aim for 1 a week at least.
Most importantly I want to be a great Mummy and wife.

So Happy New Year and may all your dreams come true x
Here is my beautiful daughter recovering from a late night celebrating the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment