Sunday, 12 September 2010

Poorly sick!

We have been very lucky so far with Olivia and not had any major illnesses the occasional cold but nothing more. However it appears she is like her mummy and when she gets a cough she takes ages to get rid of it. Last time we ended up with simple linctus to help her shift it.

Anyway a few weeks ago she had a cold with coincided with getting her tooth this also came with a cough - a vapouriser in the bed room helped us to deal with this. I know it is suggested to raise one end of the cot but Olivia wiggles so much that she ends up sideways often at the top or bottom of the cot so raising one end won't work with her. We thought we had shifted the cold but now she is off her food and not drinking as much milk and that horrible cough is back so much so she threw up in the car the other day so I had to clean the car seat cover and figure out how to remove it and put it back on! She has managed to be sick at least once a day since and now she is weaned it is horrible - I'm not good with sick but have been surprised at how well I have coped.

Now I am back at work I have to rely on others to tell me how my daughter is and I know she has had a temperature at times this week as well. Anyway today I have been home alone with her as Mr T is on a long overnight shift so is at work for 24 hours. The only time Olivia has let me put her down today has been when she has had a nap! This isn't like my independent little girl who can get annoyed if you interrupt her playing! She has snuggled on my lap and watched the tv or played with her toys on my lap but woe betide if you try and put her on the floor to play. She did have a 2 hour nap this afternoon (unheard of since the newborn days!)maybe that was the calpol.

She is now in her cot fast asleep hopefully until the morning. Anyway I am blaming teeth for all this but how long do I leave it before taking her to the doctors?

2 comments:

  1. Awww bless her...hope she is feeling better now. Has she gone to nursery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has continued to go to nursery and seems to be ok there (plenty of distraction maybe). We had her weighed and she had lost 5oz but hv wasn't concerned as she looks quite healthy. Just wish she didn't suffer so much with her teeth.

    ReplyDelete