This week Mr T has been on holiday from work and so we have been on lots of day trips. We spent a lovely day on Wednesday (our wedding anniversary)at our reception venue. Olivia had fun looking at the animals and playing in the playground. That evening Mr T surprised me by having booked a babysitter (my lovely sister) and took me out to dinner. It was lovely to spend some time together without the distraction of laptops or PlayStations! Although we spent a lot of time talking about Olivia!
The following day we drove up to Greenwich and took the tube to Waterloo to meet Mr T's friend who is visiting from South Africa. I decided that I couldn't face fighting the crowds with a pushchair so we put Olivia in the Beco Butterfly and I carried her on my front for the day. It was really comfortable and Olivia even managed a small nap (she gave up sleeping in a sling at a very young age!). It meant that we could wander around London easily and when we went to the aquarium daddy could carry her and she could see all the fish up close rather than at pushchair level. She was completely in awe of the fish and was a delight all day.
Olivia spent most of the day charming the tourists and even had a violinist in Covent Garden playing to her. I was even offered a seat on the tube! I was a bit worried about carrying her all day thinking I would really struggle but was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable she was and how calm she was in there.
Today we have spent the day at home recovering from the past two days of excitement!

No comments:
Post a Comment